If your lawn is so beautiful and you have put in a lot of effort to make it adorable, then you must be very careful about its protection. By protection, we do not mean to protect from weather conditions, diseases, or pests. In this article, we will be focusing on the protection of your garden from foxes.
Normally, foxes are considered a lovely animal and likable by most people. On the other hand, they might be disliked by the garden owners who are suffering or have suffered through damage caused by the foxes to their garden. They spoil your garden by wandering around, digging, chewing, and pooping.
They can become a cause of destroying the flower bunches, newly seeded soil, sprinkler systems, and well-grown grass. Foxes attack the gardens in the form of groups and you cannot easily get rid of them until you get yourself prepared to repel them wisely.
Best Tips To Deter Foxes
Keep calm! We will provide you all the information that you might find useful in deterring foxes from coming into your garden.
Get to know the foxes’ psychology
The first thing you have to do is to target the psychology of this animal. You need to search and talk to the experts about the likes and dislikes of the foxes. To help you, we have stated some of the likes and dislikes below:-
Foxes like calm and quiet places, and love to be in noise-free spaces for a long time.
- Tip: (Use a sound-producing bell or any noise-making tool to panic them when you see them in your garden.)
Foxes like dark and low light places to easily perform their actions.
- Tip: (Always use a bright light in your garden area during the night time.)
Foxes like the safe and secure areas, and there is no alternative to secure areas than a home garden.
- Tip: (Make your garden unsecured and inhospitable for the foxes by using a scarecrow, or any other thing that makes them feel any human activity in the garden.)
- Foxes dislike being shocked/alarmed.
- They do not like bright light.
- They dislike the vibrations or any unusual movements around them.
- They do not love to be in risky and rough places.
Realize the peak times
To protect your beautiful garden from the foxes, you must get to know their peak times. There are three time periods in which these animals are most active and energetic.
- Family-making season: Yes, they are most active during the breeding time. Usually, foxes like the cold weather for their families.
- Grown-up foxes: When the baby foxes are grown enough to be independent, then the parents allow them to search for food on their own, and normally during the autumn season, they come into the gardens and lawns for finding comfort and food for their survival.
- Nocturnal hours: Nighttime is also the peak time of the foxes, as they love darkness. The middle part of the night is the ultimate time for them to come into the gardens.
Spread displeasing smells for foxes
Keeping something in your garden that smells unpleasant to the foxes is a good idea to repel them. They hate the smell of garlic, chili peppers, capsicums, and capsaicin.
- Recipe: Boil a good quantity of peeled garlic, and chili peppers all together in water until the ingredients become soft. Then, blend it well in a blender and sieve with the help of a tea strainer. Put the liquid in a spray bottle and spray it regularly on the spaces where you suspect the foxes’ movements or activities in your garden.
Buy fox repellent products:
Getting the fox repellent product is also a good option if the above-mentioned tips do not work longer. Some of the useful products based on our own experience, and customers’ reviews/ratings are as below:
- Security lights: Investing in buying good quality security lights are useful. Just keep the lights on during dark times and the foxes will not enter your property.
- Sensor sprinklers: Get the motion sensor sprinklers from the market and put them in the entryway and suspected areas for foxes, surely they will get a surprise splash of water while trying to pass between them, get panicked, run away, and will never come back.