If you are Gardner who owns a lawn, and other landscaping areas you must be aware of the struggles that come with it, one of which includes Lawn weeds. Choosing a good lawn weed killer can sometimes be very difficult as you don’t want it to burn so your lawn. Preen Lawn Weed Control can kill an extensive variety of lawn weeds such as chickweed, knotweed, dandelions, henbit, spurge, and other 200+ weeds listed. It kills all the weeds without burning the lawn while leaving lush green grass. It includes no fertilizers.
- Start by mowing the area to a normal height you want to treat 1 to 2 days before application.
- Measure the square footage of your lawn that you wish to treat so you can determine how much product you need. Multiply the length and width to get the total area of your lawn in square feet. Exclude the square footage of your home and driveway. If your lawn has irregular shape divide it into sections of squares and rectangles, find the area of each section and add them together to get the total area of your lawn.
- To keep the area hydrated make sure to water the area before Preen Weed Control application because after the application you will have to wait for 24-48 hours to water again.
- Calculate the amount of Preen Lawn Weed Control you need according to the total area in square feet of the law that is to be treated. Per 1000 square feet of the area requires 2.0 pounds of herbicide.
- Measure the amount of preen you need and spread it on the areas that need treatment.
- Make sure to apply the herbicide in the morning, when the dew is present on the grass. If the due is absent, lightly sprinkle some water with the help of a garden hose. The moisture will make sure that the preen sticks to the leaf surfaces of weed.
- If preen granules accidentally stick with other plants, driveway, or any other surface, make sure to brush it off immediately.
- Do not water immediately after the application process so the product doesn’t wash off the weed leaves. After 24-48 hours of application, wash and water the lawn thoroughly.
- Another application after 30 days may be required if the grass is occupied by a large number of weeds.
- Apply on a warm and dry day, so that the air is calm. This will make sure an even distribution of product in the lawn and prevent any granules from sticking on unwanted places such as other flowers, vegetables, and other hard surfaces.
- Choose a day for the application process when rain is not expected for 24-48 hours.
- See the list of 200+ weeds mentioned on the label to see if this is the right option for you.
Hazards to Humans and Environment:
- It is very harmful if it comes in contact with skin or inhaled.
- It can cause eye irritation.
- Extremely dangerous to fish and other aquatic invertebrates and plants. Hence, entry of the pesticide into drainages, gutters and other water surfaces should be completely restricted.
- Avoid using Preen Lawn Weed Control on St.Augustine grass, dichondra and carpet grass to prevent any burn.
- Only two broadcast applications are allowed per year within a minimum 30 days of application.
- Avoid using the product more than the specific dosage mentioned on the label.
- Don’t use this product on grass which is newly seeded until it is fully developed.
- Do not use Preen Lawn Water Control with 25 feet near permanent water bodies such as lakes, fish ponds, rivers, lakes, oceans, streams and reservoirs etc.
- Avoid the application process when it’s windy and apply directly on the lawn. If any area comes in contact with the product make sure to clean it properly.
- Do not use it in an area where water can easily pass through the soil and the water table is shallow. This can result in contamination of underground water or drinking water.
- Use proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) such as long sleeve shirt, long pants, goggles, a mask and chemical- resistant gloves to protect yourself and dispose of them properly after use.
- Keep children and pets away from the lawn during and after the application of preen.
- Restrict the entrance to the area until the lawn is completely dry after application.
- If it comes in contact with your skin or clothes, immediately separate the cloth from your body and wash with plenty of water. Consult a doctor if needed.
- Make sure to read the label thoroughly before buying it.
- Always observe all the precautionary measures before using it.
- Follow the instructions given on the label very carefully.
- Preen Lawn Weed Control is only for residential use.